Wallum Lake Juniors
We are an incredibly unique program.
When your children become members, they will get first-hand
experience & lessons on things that most people will never get to try their entire life.
What we are:
- Club funded youth program, a "launching pad" for sampling of outdoor activities based around the many offerings of membership at our club
- Boys and girls, ages 12-18
- We supply ALL tools, ammo, guns, equipment, materials, etc. - and using your own equipment is always encouraged
Junior members regular activities:
- Maintaining equipment we use
- Loads of other things!
Who we are:
- Adult volunteer coaches, assistant coaches, certified instructors, certified safety officers, experienced outdoor persons
- Provide your children with a safe, secure, full-supervised experiences
Where & When:
- Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club, 200 Brook Rd., Burrillville, RI
- 51 weeks a year, rain or shine (Thanksgiving is our only day off!)
- Every Thursday, 7pm - 9pm, meet at the main club house
How to Join the Juniors Program:
- EVERY applicant's is screened prior to membership approval: social skills, cooperation, attitude, participation, etc.
- Must be 12 - 19 years of age
- for Screening, please attend 2-3 meetings with parent so we can get to know your kids
- $20 membership fee for the year (yes, the entire year)
- Complete Wallum Lake Juniors program application, submit to Juniors Chairperson for approval. Application Download
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does my child need experience in those activities?
No, we teach every junior member from "zero". No experience needed
Do we need to be members of WLRGC for my child to join?
No, you do not need to be a member or associated with the club for your child to join, but it is
If I am a WLRGC member, can my child join?
If I am a WLRGC member, can I volunteer to help with the program? Will I get “work hours” too?
Yes & yes
Why is the minimum age 12 & not younger?
12 yr old social maturity is more manageable also physical capability is important to participate in activities we frequent
What are the expectations of Junior members?
Positive attitude, take instruction well, eagerness to help, respectful behavior toward other
junior members, coaches & any other person they encounter in everyday life.
represent us, our club, our community, our family, their family & their faith
Regular attendance for Thursday evenings
Preparedness: dress for the weather, prepare for the planned
activity (pants or shorts, long or short sleeve shirts, shoes or boots, sunscreen or hat or jacket
with gloves, etc…)
Will we know what activities are scheduled ahead of time?
Yes, we send out a regular weekly email for the next 4-6 weeks of activities & what is
generally to be expected with each one
Is Juniors on Thursdays only? Or do they have other times & days?
Yes, Thursdays 7pm-9pm only. We do have the occasional “volunteer” day or “field trip”, but
only a few times a year
We want to join, where do we start?
Show up to a Thursday night meeting with your parent, introduce yourself to the staff & the
Can I leave my Junior members or children to use guns & ammo by themselves, then pick them up after
No, firearm handling for Junior members or children requires adult supervision the entire time
Do I have to stay the whole time with my child during the Juniors meeting?
Once they are a full junior member, No, you do not have stay. They are supervised the entire
time by adults, coaches, volunteers & instructors
You can stay if you like
Some benefits of Junior membership:
Use of club facilities anytime within the club rules
Permitted to attend meetings
Hunt on property (in accordance with Club Rules)
Fish on Property (in accordance with Club rules)
Permitted to rent hall or pavilion at “membership rate”
“Junior membership” discount on Skeet, Trap, sporting clays & some other events
Some things Junior members cannot do:
No bar access
Cannot hold office or chair a committee
Not permitted to bring non-member guests
For more information contact:
Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club ♦ 200 Brook Rd. ♦ Harrisville, RI ♦ Chairman: Chris Shanks