ACCESS TO THE NEW RANGE: To gain access to the new range, here is what you need to do.
- Coordinate with the indoor range chairman to get certified in the new range, if you had access to the old range, you just need to go and orientated on the new equipment and sign in procedures, basically new range rules and use.
- Get new indoor range card from chairman or instructor.
$20 per day for Non-Members
$5.00 Orientation fee
The Indoor Range will be open to Guest who are accompanied by Club Members who have attended Indoor Range Orientation and Qualification.
That cost is comparable to most hourly rates for Indoor Shooting Ranges and will help to offset any additional costs to Club Members. The fee will be for the day. Once the guest has paid, signed the appropriate waiver form, the guest and member MUST use ONE lane in the indoor range per the Rules and Regulations of the Indoor Range.
There will be envelopes for fees along with the waiver forms on the desk. Until the Guest Fee Box and proper security is in place for the Indoor Range, please place all guests fees for Indoor Range in the drop box located behind the bar.
NEW INDOOR RANGE RULES:
Firearms and Alcohol DO NOT MIX! If you have had even one drink, DO NOT SHOOT!!!
- The indoor range is available to qualified members and their guests. The qualification
requirement is waived for any shooter participating in an official match or approved course.
- Qualification procedure:
- Any shooter may qualify by demonstrating the ability to place 10 out of 10 shots, of the
highest caliber pistol they intend to be qualified for, on a standard 50-foot qualification. (See Example Target 1). Rifle and Carbine Shooters will be required to qualify using a Standard Grouping Target. (See Example Target 2)
- Qualification can be administered by the indoor pistol committee chairman or any of his
designees, the Juniors committee chairman.
- Upon successful qualification, the indoor Committee Chairman or one of his designees will issue a range qualification card.
- All shooters must sign in the logbook, located in the indoor range. Shooters will include their
name, member number, time in and out and calibers fired and total round count for each session and lane used during session.
- Ammunition is limited to Muzzle Velocities of NO LESS THAN 700 FPS and NO MORE THAN 2800 FPS.NO SHOTGUNS/MUZZLE LOADERS OR BLACK POWDER.
- Only paper targets will be used and hung at shooter’s eye level for general indoor range use. Other target materials may be used for organized events as necessary with authorization of the indoor range
- All standard range safety rules apply
- Treat every firearm as if it’s loaded.
- Ear and eye protection is required to be worn by everyone in the range during live fire.
- All shooters must demonstrate safe firearm handling at all times
- No firearms may be handled while anyone is in front of the firing line
- All firearms must be cleared of ammunition, actions opened, magazines removed with
safety on before anyone may proceed beyond the firing line for any reason
- Member spouses and minor children may use indoor range only if accompanied by their
- Juniors between the ages of 12 and 18 are urged to participate in the club’s junior
- At the end of a shooting session, members must police brass and deposit in appropriate
receptacle. Put debris and used targets in the appropriate trash container.
- All qualified shooters must have their range permit with them to use the indoor range.
- NO RANGE CARD….NO ADMITTANCE…NO SHOOTING! Wear your club badge or ID when using range.
- Violations of rules and/or shooting at anything other than a target down range will result in
immediate suspension of indoor range privileges as well as review and potential disciplinary
action taken by the Board of Directors. Indoor range chairman must be notified of any violations
or accidental discharges ASAP! If you damage something report it immediately so repairs can be made.
- Guest must be accompanied by a qualified member at all times and members must observe guests firing on the firing line at all times in 1 (one) Lane Only. Any safety violations by guests are the responsibility of the assigned member.
Below are pictures of the proposed targets that will be used for Pistol and Rifle Qualifications for the Indoor Range:
Proposed Indoor Range Pistol Qualification Target
Proposed Indoor Range Rifle Qualification Target
For more information contact: